Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre supports people through community action and the provision of a range of services to address our community’s needs. Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre (KNC) Incorporated is a community based not for profit and non-government agency.Our resources are directed toward the most disadvantaged and vulnerable members in the community.
- Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre (KNC) Incorporated is a community based not for profit and non-government agency.
- We provide a range of support services to all people in the Macleay Valley and the Mid North Coast including the transient population.
- Our services are targetted to those those who are most disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre is a non-profit organisation dedicated to strengthening our local communities by promoting the principles of social justice and empowering people to enhance their quality of life. We share a vision of a community that:
- Provides resilient and caring communities for all of its residents, especially those who are most vulnerable and disadvantaged.
- Celebrates diversity; including and supporting people from all cultures and walks of life.
- Enables all individuals and communities in all sectors of society to participate fully in the processes that shape their communities.
- Kempsey Neighbourhood Centre has a group of very dedicated staff and management who through various funding sources, successfully run many programmes out of the centre.
We are funded for and coordinate:
Macleay Valley No Interest loans Scheme (NILS programme) (Good Shepherd Microfinance DSS Federal and NSW Dept. Fair Trading)
The Indigenous Driving Change Programme (Dept. of Justice, NSW Government)
Mid North Coast Financial Counselling Service (NSW Fair Trading)
Financial Counselling and Financial Capability (Dept. Social Services - Federal)
Home Energy Appliance Program ( Dept. Environment and Heritage)
Mid North Coast Financial Problem Gambling Counselling (Dept. Social Services Federal)
Centrelink Agency SWR (Dept. of Human Services, Centrelink)
Community Legal Service Delivery (NSW Legal Aid)
Taming the Tiger Project (Cancer Institute NSW)
Kempsey Nambucca Volunteer Gateway (Dept. Social Services)
Community Builders (FACS NSW State Government)The Centre extends thanks to the funding bodies for the above projects for their continued support.
As well, the Centre provides Coffee and Yarn social group on Fridays, free bread Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Legal Aid on Wednesday and the Orange Sky Laundry, a free mobile laundry service on Tuesdays. The Centre also provides referrals to clients to numerous community services, support in crises, a friendly chat and a place to have a tea or coffee and talk to others.